Windows Live Writer 是一个桌面博客发布应用软件，它使你的博客内容排布更加合理，更有创意。被人爱称为：微软最有价值的小软件。
BlogMate 可以作为TextMate 编辑器插件的一个博客发布工具。可以代替WORDPRESS的内置编辑器，BlogMate还可以删除文章，编辑时间标记等。
BlogDesk 也是一款离线编辑器，它可以有效的管理和优化你的博客系统，如：,MovableType,WordPress， Drupal, Serendipity 和 ExpressionEngine 等。
Post2Blog 3 是一款免费的带有拼写检查的编辑软件，支持pro-bloggers。
Zoundry Blog Writer 功能丰富，发布方便快速。
英文版: 15+ Alternatives to Your Boring Blog Editor
Desktop-based blog editors
1. Qumana Blog Editor – Qumana is an easy-to-use desktop blog editor, enabling you to write, edit and post to one or more blogs.
2. Windows Live Writer – Windows Live Writer Beta is a desktop application that makes it easy to publish rich content to your blog.
3. w.bloggar – The w.bloggar is an application that acts as an interface between the user and one or more blog(s); in other words, it is a Post and Template editor, with several features and resources that the browser based blog editors do not offer.
4. BlogMate – BlogMate is a free, graphical plug-in (+ a bundle too) for the popular TextMate editor that enables creating and editing blog posts for MetaWeblog-enabled blogs, Twitter, and Jaiku accounts from a floating palette within TextMate.
5. BlogDesk – BlogDesk is totaly free of charge and optimized for the blog systems WordPress, MovableType, Drupal, Serendipity and ExpressionEngine as well as the bloghosters Blogg.de and Twoday.net.
6. Bleezer – Bleezer is a powerful blogging client. And it’s free.
7. Post2Blog – Post2Blog 3 is a FREEWARE handy blog editor with live spell-checking support for pro-bloggers.
8. The Zoundry Blog Writer – The Zoundry Blog Writer? is a full featured editor that makes posting to your blog easier and faster.
9. Thingamablog – Thingamablog is a cross-platform, standalone blogging application that makes authoring and publishing your weblogs almost effortless. Unlike most blogging solutions, Thingamablog does NOT require a third-party blogging host, a cgi/php enabled web host, or a MySQL database. In fact, all you need to setup, and manage, a blog with Thingamablog is FTP, SFTP, or network access to a web server.
10. AIRPress – AIRPress is a rich blog editor based on AIR technology. With AIRPress, you could easily upload media (images, videos, mp3…) without the need of another software or hosting.
Online and browser-based blog editors
11. webpad – webpad is a web-based text editor which gives you access to files from any of the following locations;
- Your own computer (via file upload)
- The server that webpad is installed on (via direct file manipulation)
- Any FTP server (via FTP file operations)
- Any website (via remote file requests)
- Popular blogging tools (Blogger.com, MovableType, TypePad, LiveJournal, blosxom, WordPress)
- Other data sources via a flexible plugin system
12. ScribeFire – ScribeFire (previously Performancing for Firefox) is a full-featured blog editor that integrates with your browser and lets you easily post to your blog. You can drag and drop formatted text from pages you are browsing, take notes, and post to your blog.
13. Xinha Here! Firefox Extension – Xinha Here! is a Firefox extension wrapper for the Xinha HTML editor. It enables WYSIWYG editing in any textarea and text box on any website. Xinha Here! opens a Xinha HTML editor in your browser allowing you to edit the data in a WYSIWYG on any website without copying and pasting to secondary HTML editor.
14. Flock – Flock is a social web browser based on Firefox. It lets you easily post anything on your blog with its Blog Editor.
15. WriteToMyBlog – WriteToMyBlog is a free web based word processor for your Blog. Create Post Entries for your Blog from right here, completely free, no membership required, can Post to multiple Blogs simultaneously, manage your Posts, works with all major Blog programs, and is easy-peasy!
16. Google Docs – Free web-based word processor and spreadsheet, which allow you share and collaborate online.
18. WYSIWYG Plugin For WordPress – This plugin replaces the default WordPress wysiwyg(what you see is what you get) editor with a more advanced version.